Berikut ini adalah contoh soal Penilaian Tengah Semester (PTS/ UTS) mata pelajaran Bahasa Inggris kelas 9 (IX) semester 1 (Ganjil/Gasal) SMP/ MTs berdasarkan Kurikulum 2013 Edisi Revisi 2016/2017.
I. Choose either a ,b, c, or d for the correct answer.
Read Text 1 to answer questions 1 and 2.
To Jasmine, our beloved classmate
Representing students of class 9F, we would like to congratulate you on your success to be the best student of SMP Tunas Bangsa this year.
You deserve to get such a title due to your best learning achievements:
· The highest scores of National Examination.
· The best student in Semarang city level.
· The winner of gold medal in National Science Olympiad.
We and form teacher, Mrs. Kusuma, are proud of you so much.
Captain of class 9F,
A. to congratulate Jasmine
C. to express one’s attention
2. Based on the text we can conclude that ….
A. Mrs. Kusuma is the principal of SMP Tunas Bangsa
B. Jasmine and Ikhsan are having National Examination
C. Jasmine has already finished her study at SMP Tunas Bangsa
D. Ikhsan congratulates Jasmine as she becomes a champion of International Science Olympiad
Read Text 2 to answer questions 3 to 5.
Dear Mr. and Mrs. Andrew
Congratulation on your wedding
We all wish you a very happy marriage ever after.
Be a sweet everlasting couple.
Students of Seven A-D
SMP 4 YK
A. Mr. and Mrs. Andrew
C. Students of 7 A-D of SMP 4 YK
4. What is the purpose of the text?
A. To make a Wedding card
C. To congratulate on Mr. and Mrs. Andrew’s marriage
5. What is the relationship between the writer and the receiver?
A. Parents – Children
C. Doctor – Patients
This text is for numbers 6 to 8
To: Hanif family
May you and your family find pace, love and much happiness to create countless memories in your new house.
6. Who is the addressee?
A. Ones who have just got a new house.
B. Someone who has just sold a new house.
C. Someone who has just found a new dwelling.
D. Ones who have just moved to their new home.
7. Based on the text, we know that ….
A. Laila asks for Hanif’s best wishes to dwell his new home
B. Hanif and his family moved to their new home
C. Hanif’s family didn’t have a house before
D. Laila and Hanif are sister and brother
8. “... to create countless memory”
What does the underlined word mean?
9. A : “Yogyakarta is a nice city to live.”
B : “ I agree with you”.
This underlined sentence is used to express ... .
This text is for numbers 10 to 12
A. We must keep it in very dry temperature
B. We mustn’t store in the place more than 30 degree Celcius
C. We have to lock it in the hot container
D. we are forbidden to keep it properly
11. You can use Visto.....
A. After you smoke
C. When you want to swim
12. The form of the medicine is......
13. What is the benefit of reading the label above?
A.We can buy the product easily
C.We will know how to make the product.
14. What should you do before drinking the juice?
A. Shake well the bottle
C. Keep in the refrigerator
15. , Freshly squeezed”
The closest in meaning to the underlined word is….
This text is for numbers 16 to 18
16. To make the soil around the jasmine wet, we have to ... it.
17. What can make the jasmine keeps blooming?
A. Fertilizing it once a month
C. Removing the dead leaves
18. “ ... flowers and stems by pinching them off or using hand pruners” (tip 5).
What does the underlined word them refer to?
A. Hand pruners
The following text is for questions 19 to 21
Wedang Ronde Recipe
· 50 grams peanuts with granulated sugar(brown sugar)
· 1 liter water
· 3 tablespoons ginger, minced
· 3 stalks lemongrass, cut into 3 pieces each and bruised
· 2 Pandan leaves, shredded and tied into knots
· 200 grams granulated sugar
19. When should we remove the alls from the boiling water?
A. After they foat on the water surface
C. Before they change shape
20. How many ingredients do we need to make ginger sauce?
21. Wedang ronde uses ginger as one of the main ingredients and it creates warmth in our bodies. In what weather condition are people best drink such a beverage?
The following text is for questions 22 to 25
HOW TO INSERT SIM CARD CELLPHONE
Cellphone is a modern communication device which connects one to the others by voice, written message and data. However this device can not work until the SIM card is inserted. When inserting the SIM Card to cellphone, make sure that the cellphone has been switched off and follow the direction bellow: First of all, press the locking catch and slide the cover then lift it off the phone.
After that, push two catches in the opposite directions and remove the battery.
Next, slide the SIM card carefully into the slot and make sure that the golden connect arson are facing to the connector of the phone.
Then, put the battery and align it until snaps into its place.
Finally, insert the two catches of the back cover corresponding slot in the phone and slide the cover forward button of the phone until locks into place.
Don't forget to switch on the cellphone. Wait until it is ready to use
22. What is the purpose of the text?
A. To tell the way how to insert sim card in the cellphone
B. To amuse the reader how to use the cellphone
C. To retell how to use the cellphone
D. To describe how cellphone is
23. From the text we know that ….
A. Cellphone is an ancient communication device.
B. We insert the simcard when the cellphone is on.
C. Before we switch it on, the battery must be put in.
D. Cellphone can sent the message without sim card.
24. What should we do before remove the battery?
A. Switch the cellphone on
C. Sent the message and data
25. “However this device can not work until the SIM card is inserted”
What does the underlined word refers to……
A. Modern communication
Arrange the following words into a correct sentences for number 26 and 27
26. High school- my friend – is wearing– the boy – who – a red cap – from – is
Rearrange the following sentences to write a procedure text for number 28
How to reserve books through the website.
- Next, Click Reserve to hold the material for you
- Then,Search for the books that you want to reserve using the Web OPAC
- First, Go to LRC website of BINUS INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
- Type in your correct Binusian ID number
- Third, Insert your Password in the log in section
- Finally, Click Cancel Reservation for cancelation by logging in to the library in the Binusian ID number and password
- A confirmation message will appear showing the details of your reservation including the time of its availability.
A. 3 – 4 – 5 – 2 – 1 – 7 – 6
C. 3 – 1 – 2 - 4 – 5 – 7 – 6
Rearrange the following sentences to write a procedure text for number 29
How To Remove Burned on and Dried on Foods from your Pan.
- Partially fill with cold water and detergent or vinegar(ratio 3:1)
- Then clean as per the routine drying instructions.
- First, Allow the cookware to cool.
- Third, Place on cooktop
- Let cookware cool down again, rinse out the particles
- Bring to a boil over medium heat until food particles loosen.
A. 3 – 4 – 5 – 2 – 1 – 6
- Firstly, boil water until boiled.
- Wait until you can smell the pineapple.
- After that, bring them to boil and add the pineapples.
- Then add sugar, cinnamon, and clovers.
- Here are the steps of making Pineaple Stew
- Finally, remove from heat and serve cold.
600 mg 100 Soft gels
Serving size : 1 soft gel
Amount per 1 soft gel % Daily Value*
Vitamin D 200 IU 50
Calcium (from milk) 600 mg 60
Zinc 15 mg *
*Daily value has not been established
Other ingredients: Gelatin, Glycerin, Purified Water
Directions: As a dietary supplement, take one soft gel for adults daily.
Manufactured for: EXP 04 27 18
NU-HEALTH PRODUCTS CO. LOT 2 75 61
Walnut, CA 91789
Made in U.S.A.